- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen white corn
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Sour cream, shredded white cheddar cheese and/or minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool.
- Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cube chicken and return to pan. Mash half of the beans. Add all of the beans, corn and lime juice to chicken mixture. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and cilantro if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as White Chicken Chili in Chicken Recipe Cards 2013 2013
Reviews for Flavorful White Chicken Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review