Flavorful Turkey Wraps Recipe
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots and onions. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and sesame oil; stir in sesame seeds. Drizzle over lettuce mixture and toss to coat.
- 4. Cut turkey into 1/2-in. strips; place down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce mixture and roll up; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 290 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.