My eye-catching wraps blend grilled turkey with hoisin sauce, gingerroot, sesame oil and other ingredients from the eastern rim of the Pacific. Everyone always asks for more. -Josephine Piro of Easton, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots and onions. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and sesame oil; stir in sesame seeds. Drizzle over lettuce mixture and toss to coat.
- Cut turkey into 1/2-in. strips; place down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce mixture and roll up; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Turkey Wraps in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p25
Reviews for Flavorful Turkey Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review