Flavorful Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, green pepper, egg white, garlic and hot sauce. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small nonstick skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
- 2. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 63 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Flavorful Turkey Meatballs
"I left out all the hot ingredients, and it was good. It didn't make very much sauce, and the was disappointing."