- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, green pepper, egg white, garlic and hot sauce. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small nonstick skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Turkey Meatballs in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p55
Reviews for Flavorful Turkey Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2010
"I left out all the hot ingredients, and it was good. It didn't make very much sauce, and the was disappointing."