- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, green pepper, egg white, garlic and hot sauce. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small nonstick skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Turkey Meatballs in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p55
Reviews for Flavorful Turkey Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2010
"I left out all the hot ingredients, and it was good. It didn't make very much sauce, and the was disappointing."