Flavorful Tomato Soup
A cookbook recipe called for ingredients I didn’t have on hand, so I improvised and came up with this. I often make it for friends at church, and I’ve shared the recipe many times.
-Jean Sullivan, Denver, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add basil, paprika
- and garlic powder. Stir in soup and milk until well blended. Cook
- over medium heat for 6 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 233 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.