Flavorful Taco Soup
You’ll get a kick out of this hearty, Southwest-inspired soup from Sandi Lee of Houston, Texas. Feel free to dunk your tortilla chips right into it!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, taco seasoning and
- salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon into bowls; top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with
- chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese; calculated without chips) equals 328 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,751 mg sodium,