Flavorful Taco Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, taco seasoning and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 2. Spoon into bowls; top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese; calculated without chips) equals 328 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,751 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 19 g protein.