- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, taco seasoning and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon into bowls; top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Flavorful Taco Soup
"Made this soup tonight for dinner. I also made my own taco seasoning which has less salt than those packets. It was delicious! Just enough spice and topped with tortilla strips -- great crunch, no need for cilantro or cheese. Did put a spoonful of sour cream on top. I will make again. Leftovers can go pver rice or whatever you like. Enjoy!"
"Delicious recipe; I made it vegetarian! Eliminate the beef and add an extra can of beans (drained). I used black beans."
"This soup is wonderful with Black Beans as well as Pinto Beans."
"I add the corn, pinto beans and 2 cans of white hominy, I make it for my Doctor, and he loves the hominy.And I agree with one cook, it gets better the next day.The toppings in the recipe make this soup sooooo much better.Thanks for the recipe.jc"