- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, taco seasoning and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon into bowls; top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Flavorful Taco Soup
Sort By :
Delicious recipe; I made it vegetarian! Eliminate the beef and add an extra can of beans (drained). I used black beans.
This soup is wonderful with Black Beans as well as Pinto Beans.
I add the corn, pinto beans and 2 cans of white hominy, I make it for my Doctor, and he loves the hominy.And I agree with one cook, it gets better the next day.The toppings in the recipe make this soup sooooo much better.
Thanks for the recipe.
I double this recipe and use one whole packet of taco seasoning and one whole packet of ranch dressing mix. It's better the second day when the seasonings have blended well.