- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, taco seasoning and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon into bowls; top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Flavorful Taco Soup
Sort By :
Delicious recipe; I made it vegetarian! Eliminate the beef and add an extra can of beans (drained). I used black beans.
This soup is wonderful with Black Beans as well as Pinto Beans.
I add the corn, pinto beans and 2 cans of white hominy, I make it for my Doctor, and he loves the hominy.And I agree with one cook, it gets better the next day.The toppings in the recipe make this soup sooooo much better.
Thanks for the recipe.
I double this recipe and use one whole packet of taco seasoning and one whole packet of ranch dressing mix. It's better the second day when the seasonings have blended well.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >