You’ll get a kick out of this hearty, Southwest-inspired soup from Sandi Lee of Houston, Texas. Feel free to dunk your tortilla chips right into it!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, taco seasoning and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon into bowls; top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Flavorful Taco Soup in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p15
Reviews for Flavorful Taco Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review