Flavorful Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dash each nutmeg and pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls (about 6 dozen).
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a large skillet, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Add half of the meatballs; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 batches (6 servings each).
Reviews for Flavorful Swedish Meatballs
Sort By :
Please don't hate me for the changes I made. Used ready made frozen turkey meatballs! I sautéd 8 0z. package of sliced bella mushrooms with 1 clove of garlic. Removed them from the pan. Added 3 packets of Maccormick brown gravy or mushroom gravy to the pan & made it according to package directions. Added fresh nutmeg. once it came to a boil, added 16 frozen Turkey meatballs and let it simmer for 15 min. Turned off the heat source & added 1 1/2 cups of light sour cream and served it over rice. absolutely fantastic and healthy! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with all of us.
Just made this tonight. Had fun making the meatballs it was a first for me and my grandkids one of them 7 and one of them 6. This is really good however it was just kinda like a meatball stroganhoff. I will definitely make it again. I had alot of meatballs I kept some out so we can have meatball sandwiches tomorrow night.
These were wonderful. I did only use ground beef. I agree with others and would double the gravy - so I used one envelope of brown gravy mix and one envelope of onion gravy mix. I left the sour cream at 1/2 cup, but would probably double next time. Quick and easy and flavorful is fitting in the name.
This recipe was a HUGE hit with my family. Even my youngest daughter who is going through a picky phase loved it and asked for seconds! After reading some of the other reviews, I did double the sauce ingredients which worked out perfectly for us.
AWESOME ! I will make these again. I would use 3pkgs. gravy with more sour cream for more sauce next time. I also added freeze dried chives...yumm!!
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >