Flavorful Swedish Meatballs Recipe
Our kids—Garrett, 10, and Heather, 5—love to roll the ground beef and pork mixture into these moist meatballs. We enjoy them prepared in a creamy gravy. But the frozen meatballs also are great additions to soups and stews, or to stir into spaghetti sauce and serve over pasta. —Stacy Thomas Anchorage, Alaska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dash each nutmeg and pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls (about 6 dozen).
- 2. Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. In a large skillet, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Add half of the meatballs; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 batches (6 servings each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC