Flavorful Swedish Meatballs
Our kidsGarrett, 10, and Heather, 5love to roll the ground beef and pork mixture into these moist meatballs. We enjoy them prepared in a creamy gravy. But the frozen meatballs also are great additions to soups and stews, or to stir into spaghetti sauce and serve over pasta.
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dash each nutmeg and pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble meat over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls (about 6 dozen).
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at
- 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool.
- Place about 35 meatballs into each freezer container. May be frozen