Flavorful Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dash each nutmeg and pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls (about 6 dozen).
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a large skillet, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Add half of the meatballs; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 batches (6 servings each).
Reviews for Flavorful Swedish Meatballs(15)
Sort By :
These were wonderful. I did only use ground beef. I agree with others and would double the gravy - so I used one envelope of brown gravy mix and one envelope of onion gravy mix. I left the sour cream at 1/2 cup, but would probably double next time. Quick and easy and flavorful is fitting in the name.
This recipe was a HUGE hit with my family. Even my youngest daughter who is going through a picky phase loved it and asked for seconds! After reading some of the other reviews, I did double the sauce ingredients which worked out perfectly for us.
AWESOME ! I will make these again. I would use 3pkgs. gravy with more sour cream for more sauce next time. I also added freeze dried chives...yumm!!
Lots of flavor. I added sautéd Crimini Mushrooms to the sauce. I used 1 & 1/2 packets of gravy mix and three meats: ground pork, beef and turkey.
My mom has been really picky in her Senior years and she said that this was great and that we should keep this in regular dinner rotation!
Was excellent, I did use an extra packet of gravy and next time will probably do 3, we really loved the sauce. The meatballs were great, the kids loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >