Flavorful Summer Squash Recipe
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the parsley, basil, oregano, thyme and salt. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 83 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Flavorful Summer Squash
"Excellent flavor! Will be making again"
"I did not really like this at all. It had a medicine-like flavor which had to be from the combination of herbs."
"My husband loved it and he is not usually into semi-healthy foods and this tasted Great!"