Andrea Yacyk of Brigantine, New Jersey flavors sauteed squash with garlic, red onion and dried herbs for garden-fresh goodness. Sprinkled with cheese, it makes a bright side dish that’s quick to fix and delicious to taste.
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley, basil, oregano, thyme and salt. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Summer Squash in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p53
Reviews for Flavorful Summer Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2014
"Excellent flavor! Will be making again"
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2012
"I did not really like this at all. It had a medicine-like flavor which had to be from the combination of herbs."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"My husband loved it and he is not usually into semi-healthy foods and this tasted Great!"