Andrea Yacyk of Brigantine, New Jersey flavors sauteed squash with garlic, red onion and dried herbs for garden-fresh goodness. Sprinkled with cheese, it makes a bright side dish that’s quick to fix and delicious to taste.
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley, basil, oregano, thyme and salt. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Summer Squash in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p53
Reviews for Flavorful Summer Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2014
"Excellent flavor! Will be making again"
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2012
"I did not really like this at all. It had a medicine-like flavor which had to be from the combination of herbs."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"My husband loved it and he is not usually into semi-healthy foods and this tasted Great!"