- 1 pound fresh sugar snap or snow peas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and peas to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet; add the ham, garlic and thyme. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drain peas; add to skillet and saute for 2 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Sugar Snap Peas in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p18
Reviews for Flavorful Sugar Snap Peas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >