Flavorful Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam Recipe
I consider this sweet flavorful jam summer in a jar! The fruity concoction is simply scrumptious spread on toast, English muffins and more. —Peggy Fleming, East Troy, Wisconsin
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: about 6 pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC