- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Flavorful Southwestern Chili
Sort By :
"Very good. I added some oregano and pepper to taste."
"I loved the recipe...but I omitted the corn and added a can of rotel red and green chilies in a can and omitted the 4oz can of green chilies. I also garnished the bowls with cheese and tortilla chips."
"wonderful recipe. Very yummy!!! The whole family loves it, even my toddler."