Flavorful Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 379 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,112 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.