Flavorful Sausage Balls Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sausage and egg. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Flavorful Sausage Balls
"We didn't care for this recipe but I can't put my finger on exactly what we didn't like."
"Made this several times. We like them with italian bread crumbs used in the recipe."