Flavorful Sausage Balls
I whip up a batch of these meatballs in a matter of minutes. They're great for busy days when you need something fast that's full of flavor. But we like them so much, I make them even on days I have time to spare.—Olive Lamb, Cushing, Oklahoma
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and egg. Sprinkle with bread crumbs
- and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Combine remaining
- ingredients; pour over meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes or until
- meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.