I whip up a batch of these meatballs in a matter of minutes. They're great for busy days when you need something fast that's full of flavor. But we like them so much, I make them even on days I have time to spare.—Olive Lamb, Cushing, Oklahoma
Featured In: 20 Slider Recipes
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and egg. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Flavorful Sausage Balls in Country Woman September/October 1999, p35
Reviews for Flavorful Sausage Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2015
"We didn't care for this recipe but I can't put my finger on exactly what we didn't like."
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2010
"Made this several times. We like them with italian bread crumbs used in the recipe."