Flavorful Salmon Fillets
Compliments are a “shore thing” when Krista Frank fixes these fabulous salmon fillets at home in Rhododendron, Oregon. A tasty marinade pumps up the flavor and keeps them moist and tender.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine
- ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 15 minutes, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon
- skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4
- in. from the heat for 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with
- a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 330 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,