Compliments are a “shore thing” when Krista Frank fixes these fabulous salmon fillets at home in Rhododendron, Oregon. A tasty marinade pumps up the flavor and keeps them moist and tender.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Salmon Fillets in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p54
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Flavorful Salmon Fillets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review