Flavorful Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, rice, tomatoes, onions, celery, spinach and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 181 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Flavorful Rice Salad
"This was surprisingly tasty! It went pretty quick at my house and found it to be a great change of pace from mayo based cold salads."
"I love this salad, and so does my family. I make it with Ken's Steakhouse Zesty italian dressing, and maybe a little extra spinach. Delicious."
"This salad is WONDERFUL!! Every time I make it I have a hard time not eating it all myself."