Flavorful Pot Roast
In Ogden, Utah, Arlene Butler uses her slow cooker to prepare this tender pot roast. Convenient packages of dressing and gravy combine in a delicious sauce. TIP: For a filling meal in one, serve it over mashed potatoes.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over
- meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If
- desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 142 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.