- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
"Excellent! I added baby potatoes, portabella and button mushrooms for the last 4 hours."
"My kind of crock pot recipe - quick and easy! Smelled so yummy and the meat just fell apart! Served with mashed potatoes and hubby put the extra gravy on everything."
"Just a great and easy recipe. We have a large family and this Christmas will be the third time I've made this wonderful entree. Thank you!"