- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
"Excellent! I added baby potatoes, portabella and button mushrooms for the last 4 hours."
"My kind of crock pot recipe - quick and easy! Smelled so yummy and the meat just fell apart! Served with mashed potatoes and hubby put the extra gravy on everything."
"Just a great and easy recipe. We have a large family and this Christmas will be the third time I've made this wonderful entree. Thank you!"
"My wife made this the other night and we all loved it. She doubled the ingredients because she added vegetables to it. Its a keeper for us. Well make again."
"Absolutely the best ever pot roast, get compliments every time I make it and it is so stinking easy to through together!"
"I, too, was a little skeptical about the mixes but this pot roast recipe is wonderful! It was tender, juicy and absolutely delicious! A KEEPER!"
"Move over Lipton Onion Soup mix recipe."
"So easy,Wonderful flavor, gravy was great over mashed potatoes!"