- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
"This was really flavorful and quick to prepare and put in crockpot."
"Delicious as written. But beef broth i/of water even more flavorful."
"This was very good - might add 1 cup of beef broth (low sodium) next time instead of water, to give it a little more beef flavor. Also added carrots & potatoes on top and made gravy with left over juices for a complete meal."
"This was really good. I only used one roast."
"The best pot roast ever. Have made this many times and you can't beat it for easy and sooooo tasty!"
"Taste of Home use to be real recipes by real cooks. This recipe is terrible. It's full of prepackaged, fake ingredients, artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, way too much salt and is very unhealthy. Do not feed this recipe to your Family. Cook real food."
"Excellent! I added baby potatoes, portabella and button mushrooms for the last 4 hours."
"My kind of crock pot recipe - quick and easy! Smelled so yummy and the meat just fell apart! Served with mashed potatoes and hubby put the extra gravy on everything."