- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 15 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
"Loved this recipe!!! The only thing that I changed was I substituted with 32 oz of beef broth and added diced golden potatoes with carrots. Excellent recipe."
"We did not like this at all. It was too salty from all the packaged mixes. I will not be making this again."
"My family has enjoyed this dish for years now! Everyone LOVES this meal!"
"carolbrummett, then tweek the recipe to suite your taste buds. and yes, these recipes are by real cooks. have a nice day. :)"
"Delicious as written. But beef broth i/of water even more flavorful."
"This was really good. I only used one roast."
"The best pot roast ever. Have made this many times and you can't beat it for easy and sooooo tasty!"
"Taste of Home use to be real recipes by real cooks. This recipe is terrible. It's full of prepackaged, fake ingredients, artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, way too much salt and is very unhealthy. Do not feed this recipe to your Family. Cook real food."