- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
Sort By :
"So easy,Wonderful flavor, gravy was great over mashed potatoes!"
"Very flavorful. I use 1/4 wine and 1/4 cup of beef broth in place of the water.I have also used onion soup mix instead of the brown gravy mix."
"My absolute favorite roast recipe. I have made this so many times. I usually remove the roast at the end and add cornstarch/water to make gravy."
"This was very good and gave great flavor to a very large roast! Will make again."