- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
Sort By :
So easy,Wonderful flavor, gravy was great over mashed potatoes!
Very flavorful. I use 1/4 wine and 1/4 cup of beef broth in place of the water.
I have also used onion soup mix instead of the brown gravy mix.
My absolute favorite roast recipe. I have made this so many times. I usually remove the roast at the end and add cornstarch/water to make gravy.
This was very good and gave great flavor to a very large roast! Will make again.