- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Pot Roast
Sort By :
Very flavorful. I use 1/4 wine and 1/4 cup of beef broth in place of the water.
I have also used onion soup mix instead of the brown gravy mix.
My absolute favorite roast recipe. I have made this so many times. I usually remove the roast at the end and add cornstarch/water to make gravy.
This was very good and gave great flavor to a very large roast! Will make again.
Amazing!!! We loved this dish, and it was so easy to make! I used about 3 lbs of pork roast and chuck roast (my mom swears by combining both roasts in a pan). I cooked them in a dutch oven in the oven for an hour at 375, then for about 3 more hours at 300. The meat was so tender and flavorful. I will definitely make this again soon!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >