Flavorful Pizza Sauce Recipe
I could never find the right pizza sauce recipe to please me. So I experimented with my own version until I got it just right. I think you'll enjoy it!—Cheryl Williams, Evington, Virginia
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread desired amount over a pizza crust or transfer to a storage container. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week or may be frozen for up to 6 months. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 24 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC