Flavorful Mexican Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, corn, oil, onion and green pepper. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Flavorful Mexican Corn Bread(2)
Sort By :
Husband loved it, I thought it was okay. I think I prefer corn bread without pepper & onions, but husband devoured it.
This corn bread was okay. The main problem I had is that it was very crumbly. If I were ever to make this again, I would probably omit the onion. It is very easy to make however. I have a different corn bread recipe "Makeover Ultimate Corn Bread" from Taste of Home that I prefer.