Flavorful Meat Loaf
This recipe is a firm, hearty loaf with a distinctive taste, thanks to soy sauce and ginger. This is one recipe I rely on for a satisfying, inexpensive meal.—Sharon Hancock, Belleville, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef and pork;
- mix well. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until no pink remains and a
- thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.