Take a moist, flavorful meat loaf, wrap in a golden crust, add a tasty sauce…and you’ve got one impressive entree you’ll be proud to serve guests! KyAna44 - TasteofHome.com Community
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup soup, onion, ketchup, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 9-in. x 5-in. rectangle and place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Drape dough over meat loaf to cover the top, sides and ends; seal ends. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream and remaining soup. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with meat loaf. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Wellington in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p51
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Meat Loaf Wellington
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review