- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef and pork; mix well. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Flavorful Meat Loaf
Sort By :
I haven't made meatloaf in a long time, but this was delicious. My picky boys wolfed it down. I did add the traditional egg, milk, bread (wheat) mixture that is often found in meatloaf. Delicious.