- and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, beat egg whites on high
- until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Fold in matzo meal.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until thickened.
- In another stockpot, bring water to a boil; add remaining salt. Drop
- eight rounded tablespoonfuls of matzo ball dough into boiling water.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted into a matzo ball comes out clean (do not lift cover while
- Strain broth, discarding vegetables and seasonings. Carefully remove
- matzo balls from water with a slotted spoon; place one matzo ball in
- each soup bowl. Add broth. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 100 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.