Flavorful Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium), quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- Place potatoes and garlic in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding remaining ingredients. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Flavorful Mashed Potatoes(7)
Sort By :
kiltyone. For Pete's sake don't give a recipe one star just because you think it is too much work and you don't want to make it. Your review of something you haven't even tried drags down the rating from all the other people who obviously liked it a lot. You are entitled to your opinion but don't rate something you have no intention of making.
Who likes already-prepared stuff when you can have something MUCH better by taking a bit of time to make it yourself!
I don't understand all the hub-bub over all these side dishes.
Don't you know you can purchase already prepared micro to table sides availabl from the store where you can pick up an already roasted turkey and gravy. There is no need to go to such extremes of work when you can buy the whole dinners at your local markets.
Cranberry sauce comes in cans. You can buy canned gravy on shelves and in the deli.
Don't make a big fuss over nothing.
The pilgrims didn't eat all this stuff.
By not fully mashing the potatoes, I used this recipe to get my family hooked on "smashed potatoes". The herbs are terrific. Sometimes I add a handful of grated low-fat cheese and diced broccoli for a change of pace.
This was EXCELLENT with the Hearty Salisbury Steak recipe. YUM! I made half the batch for my family of 5 and still had some left over. I used Silk unsweetened original almond milk in place of the fat free milk for fewer calories and more calcium. Very good!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >