Flavorful Marinated Tomatoes
This has been a favorite of family and friends for years. The dressing gives it a wonderful flavor.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and mustard.
- Whisk in vinegar and oil until well mixed. Stir in parsley. In a
- shallow serving dish, layer half of the tomato and onion slices.
- Drizzle with half of the dressing. Repeat layers. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.