This has been a favorite of family and friends for years. The dressing gives it a wonderful flavor.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and mustard. Whisk in vinegar and oil until well mixed. Stir in parsley. In a shallow serving dish, layer half of the tomato and onion slices. Drizzle with half of the dressing. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Tomatoes in Country Extra September 2000, p51
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review