Flavorful Marinated Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
6 ounces cooked beef equals 245 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Sirloin Steak
"My family loves this marinated sirloin and frequently requests it. I don't make steak any other way!"
"We marinated our roast all night and thought this was an excellent recipe. Pat"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.