Flavorful Marinated Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sherry or vegetable broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, preserves, 2 tablespoons sherry, lemon juice, oil, curry, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Set aside 1 cup remaining marinade for sauce; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch with the remaining sherry and 1 cup marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 229 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Pork Loin
"I have now made this at least four times. The recipe is flawless and I make very little if any changes to it. Every time I have served it everyone wants the recipe so I keep a couple printed to hand out. Also the Apricot glaze can be used on almost anything from fish to chicken. Thanks for the recipe Paula we will continue to enjoy it"
"I marinated the pork for 2 days only because that's how our schedules worked. I couldn't find a 3 lb. loin so did 2 1 lb. loins together for about 45 min.. It was delicious! VERY tender! The thickened leftover sauce was great. Will definitely make again. easy and I will think twice about buying a pre-marinated loin again."
"My dad likes anything apricot, so I had to try this. I used just a fraction of the curry the recipe called for, as we're not huge fans of that flavor. It's a keeper! I'll be making this again when dad comes for a visit. A very elegant presentation for minimal effort -- the best kind of recipe!"