Flavorful Marinated Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sherry or vegetable broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, preserves, 2 tablespoons sherry, lemon juice, oil, curry, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Set aside 1 cup remaining marinade for sauce; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch with the remaining sherry and 1 cup marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Pork Loin
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer