Flavorful Marinated Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sherry or vegetable broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, preserves, 2 tablespoons sherry, lemon juice, oil, curry, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Set aside 1 cup remaining marinade for sauce; cover and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade; place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch with the remaining sherry and 1 cup marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Pork Loin(2)
Sort By :
I marinated the pork for 2 days only because that's how our schedules worked. I couldn't find a 3 lb. loin so did 2 1 lb. loins together for about 45 min.. It was delicious! VERY tender! The thickened leftover sauce was great. Will definitely make again. Easy and I will think twice about buying a pre-marinated loin again.
My dad likes anything apricot, so I had to try this. I used just a fraction of the curry the recipe called for, as we're not huge fans of that flavor. It's a keeper! I'll be making this again when dad comes for a visit. A very elegant presentation for minimal effort -- the best kind of recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >