Flavorful Marinated Mozzarella Recipe
This make-ahead appetizer picks up wonderful flavor from the vinegar and spices. I’ve made it with fat-free mozzarella, and it still tasted just as good.—Rita Reinke, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) 1/2-inch cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Prick mozzarella cubes with a fork; place in a glass bowl. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; let cool to room temperature.
- 2. Pour over cheese. Stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Yield: 1/4 pound.
1/8 pound: 516 calories, 47g fat (12g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Mozzarella
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC