- 1 cup (4 ounces) 1/2-inch cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prick mozzarella cubes with a fork; place in a glass bowl. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; let cool to room temperature.
- Pour over cheese. Stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Yield: 1/4 pound.
Originally published as Marinated Mozzarella in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p46
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Mozzarella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review