Flavorful Marinated Flank Steak
Add a salad and crusty rolls to this full-flavored steak, and you have a simple but excellent meal for family or guests. This steak is also great cooked on the grill.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cut an 1/8-in.-deep diamond pattern into both sides of steak. Place
- in the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked meat equals 208 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.