Flavorful Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut an 1/8-in.-deep diamond pattern into both sides of steak. Place in the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked meat equals 208 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Flavorful Marinated Flank Steak
"This is THE BEST recipe of all time! Everyone raves about how tender and flavorful the meat is. I serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. ALWAYS A HIT!"
"Delicious flavor and takes just minutes to prepare marinade."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.