Flavorful Mac and Cheese
It's a snap to stir together this zesty macaroni and cheese dish, thanks to the Mexican-seasoned process cheese sauce. "If your family prefers a little less zip, use the original flavor for equally satisfying results," adds Sandy Buchanan of Lake Alfred, Florida.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (8 ounces) mild Mexican cheese sauce or process cheese sauce
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir in the
- cheese sauce until combined. Add remaining ingredients. Transfer to
- a serving bowl; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 478 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,585 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.