In Huntington, Connecticut, Kathy Kochiss relies on a recipe from a friend to fix this tasty tossed salad. "To save time, I take advantage of convenient ready-to-serve romaine in a bag as well as garlic-seasoned croutons for extra flavor," she adds.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons, optional
- Sliced red onion, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt if desired and pepper. In a salad bowl, combine romaine and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; add croutons and onion if desired. Toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p57
Reviews for Flavorful Lemony Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
"It was a bit too oily tasting."