Flavorful Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) broccoli au gratin rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, divided
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, red pepper, onions, garlic and Italian seasoning in butter until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel into prepared rice. Serve with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with remaining lemon peel. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 321 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 907mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Flavorful Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.