Flavorful Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- 1. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 309 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Flavorful Lemon Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.