Flavorful Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- 1. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 36g protein
Reviews for Flavorful Lemon Chicken
"This was very easy to make, however neither my husband nor I cared for it. We did like the sauce ( used FF sour cream) but thought the chicken lacked flavor. I won't be making this again. :("
"The chicken was delicious and the texture was perfect after just 4 hours. The seasonings mix well and add a lot of flavor."
"This was a good recipe, but the chicken turned out a little dry. It was good dipped in the sauce, though."
"The chicken was so moist and tender, we could cut it with a fork. I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream for the sauce. It came out wonderful!"
"This is AMAZING! Great with fat free sour cream.~ Theresa"
"This is my favorite chicken now, I've made this 5 times in the past 5 months."
"My husband and I loved this recipe! I had so much flavor! Of course, the sauce looked nothing like it does in the picture when I made it... but it was still yummy! I served it with Texas Garlic Mashed Potatoes instead of rice and that worked really well."
"A lot of the recipes I have tried from taste of home are great. I made this one tonight and it was AWFUL. You couldn't really taste the lemon, the recipe calls for too much oregano. It was just yuck."
"Due to high winter power bills I have started a month of slowcooking! I'm into week 2 and only a few recipes are really good, this is one of them. Easy and so tasty. I might use more lemon juice next time. I used about 1 cup of sour cream. The sauce was thin but you could easily thicken it with cornstarch and water, turn to high and cook for 20 minutes. I served it with a barley risotto recipe from this website and it was equally tasty."
"We LOVED this recipe!! Its so easy and sooo good. My sauce always turns out really runny but it still taste so good. The whole family loves it!"
"Very good recipe! I used 1 cup of sour cream and will only use 1/2 cup next time. Made with rice and my family loved it."
"this was great, even my 3 boys enjoyed it."
"My husband and I love this recipe for Lemon chicken. I've served it to company many times, and have received great compliments, and many requests for the recipe. I'd give it a 4 star rating."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.