Flavorful Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Lemon Chicken(6)
Sort By :
Delicious! Chicken was moist, tender and full of flavor. The lemon called for was just enough, not overwhelming. In fact, the sauce was great with the chicken and enhanced the nuttly flavor of the brown rice. This recipe is a keeper.
The chicken was so moist and tender, we could cut it with a fork. I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream for the sauce. It came out wonderful!
This is AMAZING! Great with fat free sour cream.
This was absolutely amazing! At first I doubted the sauce, but it was wonderful too. The chicken has such a strong flavor :) The only thing I would suggest is less cooking time because my chicken was a little on the dry side. My husband and I still enjoyed it very much though!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >