- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
"This was very easy to make, however neither my husband nor I cared for it. We did like the sauce ( used FF sour cream) but thought the chicken lacked flavor. I won't be making this again. :("
"The chicken was delicious and the texture was perfect after just 4 hours. The seasonings mix well and add a lot of flavor."
"I loved how moist this chicken turned out. My husband is not a big fan of chicken but he loved the so I will definitely be making it more often!"
"This was a good recipe, but the chicken turned out a little dry. It was good dipped in the sauce, though."