- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Lemon Chicken
"No one liked this dish at all. First off the chicken was very dry and the sauce wasn't a sauce at all. It was thin like soup. Yes, I could add cornstarch and put it in a saucepan to thicken it, but the recipe was not written that way. The lemon flavor of the chicken was too powerful for enjoyment. Just not good."
"The chicken was delicious and the texture was perfect after just 4 hours. The seasonings mix well and add a lot of flavor."
"This was a good recipe, but the chicken turned out a little dry. It was good dipped in the sauce, though."
"The chicken was so moist and tender, we could cut it with a fork. I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream for the sauce. It came out wonderful!"
"This is AMAZING! Great with fat free sour cream.~ Theresa"