- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
The chicken was delicious and the texture was perfect after just 4 hours. The seasonings mix well and add a lot of flavor.
I loved how moist this chicken turned out. My husband is not a big fan of chicken but he loved the so I will definitely be making it more often!
This was a good recipe, but the chicken turned out a little dry. It was good dipped in the sauce, though.
Delicious! Chicken was moist, tender and full of flavor. The lemon called for was just enough, not overwhelming. In fact, the sauce was great with the chicken and enhanced the nuttly flavor of the brown rice. This recipe is a keeper.