Flavorful Lamb Chops Recipe
These aren't your ordinary lamb chops. I flavor them with juice squeezed from oranges and limes we grow ourselves plus a generous dash of caraway. The chops always turn out nice and tender.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 lamb loin chops ( about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Fresh orange slices and parsley sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, caraway seeds and orange peel. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from lamb. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops on both sides in oil until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Season with salt and pepper. Remove chops and keep warm. Add broth and reserved marinade to the skillet; bring to a boil. Return chops to pan; reduce heat.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Serve chops with the pan juices. Garnish with oranges and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC