Flavorful Italian Subs Recipe
Olive lovers are sure to adore this easy-to-make sandwich from Delores Christner of Spooner, Wisconsin. Marinated in white wine vinegar and garlic for an extra kick, the olives' bold taste is tempered with provolone, ham and salami.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 sandwich buns (10 inches each), split
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 8 slices deli ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic. Stir in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Place about 2 tablespoons olive mixture on the bottom of each bun. Layer with salami, ham, cheese and lettuce. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sub equals 729 calories, 45 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 2,384 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC