Flavorful Italian Subs
Olive lovers are sure to adore this easy-to-make sandwich from Delores Christner of Spooner, Wisconsin. Marinated in white wine vinegar and garlic for an extra kick, the olives' bold taste is tempered with provolone, ham and salami.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 sandwich buns (10 inches each), split
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 8 slices deli ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic. Stir
- in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place about 2 tablespoons olive mixture on the bottom of each bun.
- Layer with salami, ham, cheese and lettuce. Replace tops. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 sub equals 729 calories, 45 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 2,384 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.