Flavorful Italian Soup
"I first tasted a soup similar to this at a restaurant. They wouldn't give me the recipe, so I went home and created my own," recalls Shirley Taylor of Russiaville, Indiana. "I like to serve this spicy soup with biscuits, breadsticks or corn bread."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link, casing removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash celery seed
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/3 cup broken uncooked spaghetti (2-inch pieces)
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no
- longer pink. Drain. Add the broth, water vegetables and seasonings;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add spaghetti. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until
- spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with turkey Italian sausage and reduced-sodium chicken broth) equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium,